I am attempting to insert a large string of text into a Postgres database.
When reading the Postgres documentation, it seemed that having a column with
type = text would do the job.  However, when I tried to do the insert, I hit
the 8k tuple limit.

I then tried to use lo_creat and lo_write to import the data into it's own
oid.  This works okay, except that I would like to have a method to search
through the text in this field, and it would be incredibly inefficient to
export all the text strings to files in order to search through them.

Is there any other way to accomplish this, or am I stuck with having files
with the text strings and a column indexing the filename?

FYI: I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.3.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

---
Mike Piatek                     Ephibian, Inc.
Software Engineer               5151 E. Broadway, Suite 1400
(520) 917-4777                  Tucson, AZ 85711

Evolve your e-business. Energize your startup.
http://www.ephibian.com
E-Business and Enterprise Management Solutions