From: Mark Vandenbroeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: S Bala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: April 18, 2001 8:48:20 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Help needed on DBD::Oracle,please

S,

The connect string you use is an old style SQL*Net v1 connect string, which isn't
supported anymore in 7.3.4. Assuming you have set
up SQL*Net v2 correctly on your client machine, you should use :

$dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:IRDO', 'User' , 'Pass') || die $DBI::errstr;

instead of :

$dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:IRDO@bcarhzq0:1521', 'User' , 'Pass') || die
$DBI::errstr;

Hope this helps,

Mark

--
Mark Vandenbroeck                      Mobile : +32-495-59.55.62
EMEA Support Information Systems       Email  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]