From: Julio Santiago
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05/07/2001 9:50 AM
Subject: Error Handling

Hi There!!!

All my perl scripts are runnig ok, they execute all the transactions
almost
perfectly until an error occurs during insertions or updates.

I am using the $@ to handle the errors returned by the database but it
seems
that the $@ value is not being understood.

I use the following piece of code:

if ($@) {
$dbh->rollback;
print "Ha ocurrido un error en la aplicacion, vuelva a intentarlo";
} else {
$dbh->commit;
}

I am using the Perl Cartridge that comes with the Oracle Application
Server
4.0.8

I know the version of perl running but i do not know the versions of DBD
and
DBI. I know that it woulld be good if I upgrade to the latest versions
(Perl, DBD and DBI), but that is out of my hands.

Any comments, hints or solutions would be appreciate

Julio Santiago
Unisys Venezuela