To whom it may convern:

I am running perl on a Win32 (WIN/NT 4.0 SP5) system. The version of perl I have is
ActiveState build 623 of the perl v.5.6.0 base.

I used ppm to install DBD-Oracle today. My copy of ppm is configured to use an
ActiveState server for pulling down modules. No error messages showed up on the
console during the ppm install.

I transcribed from the book Programming the Perl DBI the example ch04/listdsns and ran
the module. Before I used ppm to install DBD-Oracle, perl did no complaining. Once I
installed DBD-Oracle, I began receiving the error message:

        (in cleanup) Can't call method "FETCH" on an undefined value at D:/Perl/
site/lib/Win32/TieRegistry.pm line 1486 during global destruction.

If I use ppm to remove DBD-Oracle the perl message goes away, but so does the ability
to use DBD::Oracle from my perl instance.

I took a look at the date of Oracle.pm on my machine and it is dated 07/14/2000 4:52
PM which matches the header content:

Changes in DBD::Oracle 1.06 14th July 2000

found in the URL http://search.cpan.org/doc/TIMB/DBD-Oracle-1.06/Changes

>From that I deduced that I have the most recent version of DBD::Oracle.

Is there a work-around or a fix for this this problem? If not, let me know if I can
provide you any data that could be used to replicate the problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]