On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:10:10 -0700, Brose, Eric wrote:

>Why do your assume that the $ID_code is numeric?

I assume it is, because this works:

        "Select * From myTable Where ID_Code=$ID_code"

See? No quotes around the value.

>Is the dB complaining because the variable isn't being passed as a numeric?
>DBI shouldn't really care how you pass it, does it?

The difference is in the quoting. Text values should be quoted,
numerical values should not.

With placeholders, everything happens behind the scenes, but it may
still need a bit of help for doing it right. I've had cases where the
database complained about an invalid type for a field. But, apparently,
it doesn't always fail.

--
        Bart.