-----Original Message-----
From: Tai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Seems a simple database connection attempt without executing any sql
scripts
> ends up with a segmentation fault (core dump, if using root).

> When executing a simple simple sql select to any table, same thing happens
> after you get all the data.

Well, how do you execute a sql statement if you get a segfault on the
connection attempt? Actually, I have experience segfaults on SOME
sql statements, and the only way to get Oracle support was to reproduce
the problem with a C/OCI example. And then their answer was to 'upgrade',
(were on 8.0.5, went to 8.0.6, so you might get a different answer being on
8.0.7) and then we got to experience new problems :)