I don't really see anything wrong, but it would be more helpful
if you gave more code.

Hèctor Alòs i Font [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> When trying to update a CLOB field of a table with a value more than 80
> characters long, we receive the following error:

Here you say you have problems "updating" a clob field, but below
the error says the problem is with a SELECT fetchrow_array - is it
an UPDATE problem, or SELECT, or both?

> DBD::Oracle::st fetchrow_array failed: ERROR fetching field 6 of 10. LOB
> value truncated from 80 to 80. DBI attribute LongReadLen too small and/or
> LongTruncOk not set at /export/home2/admnot/lib/DB/Statement.pm line 180.
>
> We have previously executed:
> $dbh->{LongReadLen} = 80000;
> $dbh->{LongTruncOk} = 1;

For SELECT's, here's what I do that works for me:

  1. get a good $dbh, and turn on RaiseError and turn off PrintError
  2. $dbh->{LongReadLen} = 80000;
     $dbh->{LongTruncOk} = 1;

  3. $sth = $dbh->prepare($select); # $select contains nothing special
                                    # for the clob.
  4. $sth->execute();

--
Hardy Merrill