Did you ever have the mysql client libs installed??

Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: pkp team
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07/02/2001 4:01 AM
Subject: DBI error

Hello all:

I have a problem. I have a small script:
"#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use DBI;
use strict;

my $db = 'test';
my $host = 'localhost';
my $id = 'root';
my $pwd= 'passwd';

my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$db:$host",$id,$pwd);

if(!defined $dbh) {
    die "Can't connect: $DBI::errstr \n";
}

print "Connected!!\n";
exit;"

However, i am getting the following error on running the script:
"/usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
undefined
symbol: mysql_init"

I think i should mention here that i had some problems installing
DBD::mysql
(it gave me errors everytime i ran make test).
I mentioned it here on the mailing list, and some people suggested that
can ignore it.

But now i cant even run a simple script.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck on getting
DBI/DBD/Mysql running for more than a week now!

Thanking inadvance,
Trev