Date sent:              Sat, 7 Jul 2001 20:28:27 +0100
From:                   Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Copies to:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                (Fwd) .MDX

Greg,

> Apologies for unsolicited email, but I have been searching for any
> information that will tell me what database I'm using - with .mdx files in
> there....  and found a message from you to a message board asking a similar
> quiestion....

looks like index files being part of a DBMS using files in Xbase format. Check
if there are .dbf and (perhaps) .dbt files around. Unfortunately,
this does not tell you anything about the DBMS using these files (
dBASE, MS Access, FoxPro and many more I don't know about)

Bodo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]