Hi

Can anyone enlighten me? I'm trying to insert a field with 4000 characters
into a Pg database which is specified as varchar(4000).

I've overcome various hurdles but it produces the following error as soon
as it encounters the LONG field:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the
backend.

I've referred to the Programming Perl DBI  book and it states:

p306: No Bind output values - is this what's causing the problem
p307: TEXT datatype has limit of 4096 - is this true?
p221: Suggest that I could use:

        $sth->bind_param(5, 'Introduction', SQL_LONGVARCHAR);

but p311: tells me that SQL_LONGVARCHAR is not supported by DBI::Pg.

Is there a way to insert LONG data into Pg?

Ian