Jeff,

Thanks for the response.  You're right -- the Unix version I'm using at
work is behind.  However, the original bug was reported against
DDL::Oracle, which uses DBI/DBD::Oracle.

That user claimed to be using:

   I'm running the latest from the latest software:
   - RedHat 7.1
   - DBI-1.18
   - DBD-Oracle-1.07
   - DDL-Oracle-1.10
   - Oracle Client 8.0.5.0.0

He has multiple Oracle instances, too, and reported it OK on Oracle8 but
failing on Oracle7.

I'll ask him to confirm, but he said he was a new user and had just
installed the latest versions of all of the above.

Richard

--- Jeff Seger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Are you sure what versions you have??
>
> Richard Sutherland wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I am getting an ORA-01008 when using bind variables on Oracle7
> instances,
> > but not on Oracle8 instances.  This has happened on both Unix and
> Linux
> > OS's.  Here is the error:
> >
> >   DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-01008: not all variables bound
> >   (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute/Describe) at ddl_test.pl line 40,
> <STDIN>
> >   chunk 3.
> >
> > This was not happening with prior versions of DBD::Oracle (back with
> > 1.06, I think).
>
> From your trace:
>

> >     DBI 1.08 dispatch trace level set to 3
> >     -> DBI->connect(dbi:Oracle:ci_tw1_tst, rsutherl, pebb3343,
> HASH(0x140002068))
> >     -> DBI->install_driver(Oracle) for perl=5.00404 pid=29011
> ruid=217 euid=217
> >        install_driver: DBD::Oracle loaded (version 1.06)
>
> Try upgrading to the current version of DBI/DBD::Oracle ....I am not
> sure of the latest version, but I have DBI-1.18 and
> DBD::Oracle 1.07.
>
> perl -MDBD::Oracle -e 'print DBD::Oracle->VERSION'
> perl -MDBD::Oracle -e 'print DBD::Oracle->VERSION'
>
> cheers,
>
> jeff

=====
Richard Sutherland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster."
  -- Greg LeMond