Hi,
as I am new on the list, I try to follow all the rules, if not please
tell me.

While I am using the following comands to change data in an Oracle DB

while ($z < $z_max){
                $quoteddatum = $dbho3->quote( $mydatum[$z] );
                $dbho3->do("UPDATE Wartungstermine
                           SET Datum = $quoteddatum
                           WHERE Lfdnummer = $myid[$z]");
                $dbho3->commit() or die "Commit hat nicht geklappt!";
                $z++;
                }
$dbo3->disconnect;

the changed data could only be read from the Oracle after the exit(); of
the perl-script but not while the program is still running.

I have already tried all the possibilties with AutoCommit and so on but
nothing helped. But doing the same with our MySQL I don't have any
problems with the commit.

Any ideas, what I could have forgotten?

Thomas