Orlando Andico wrote:

> in my experience DBD::CSV can be iffy. I just use Text::CSV_XS (where you
> can better control delimiters and stuff)

Sorry, but AFAIK that just ain't true.  DBD::CSV *uses* Text::CSV_XS and
anything you can set directly in Text_CSV_XS you can set through
DBD::CSV including the field and record separators and escape
characters.  Whether DBD::CSV tells your settings to Text::CSV_XS or you
tell them to Text::CSV_XS yourself is fairly irrelevant.

> and DBD::RAM.  =)

Which is now DBD::AnyData and which also allows you to set any
delimiters, separators, or escape characters that you can set in
Text::CSV_XS as well as providing some built-in common variants like
CSV, Tab or Pipe "delimited", etc.  Unlike DBD::CSV, DBD::AnyData does
this via its own regexes (variants of Friedl) rather than through
Text::CSV_XS but the results should be pretty similar.

--
Jeff