I have been happily building and using DBI and DBD-Oracle
in Apache CGI programs on alphas for some time now, so I'm
famliar with the appropriate way to set it up.

My problem on the Solaris box is with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
For my script to run properly, it needs the $ORACLE_HOME/lib
and /usr/local/lib to be present.  What I usually do is to
use SetEnv in the Apache httpd.conf file (as well as
ORACLE_HOME), but in this case it's still spitting

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal:
libclntsh.so.1.0: open failed: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
 at (eval 8) line 3

at me.  I've checked the setting numerous times, and the
paths in LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correct:

SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /data01/oracle/806/product
SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /data01/oracle/806/product/lib:/usr/local/lib

The script works fine from the shell, and as I mentioned,
this technique works fine for me on Digital Unix.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might have missed?

--
Michael Kieras
 email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]