Hi,

I use PerlScript (ActiveX compliant engine) in ASP
pages and connect to MSSQL using DBI.

All is well for first HTTP request. But for all subsequent
requests, I get empty response. If I "touch" the .asp file
(ie change the time stamp), it works again, but for only one request.

This problem is noticed only when I use DBI module, other .asp paged that
use other Perl modules do NOT exhibit the strange behavior.

Is DBI known to mess with IIS caching mechanism or some such known
piece of knowledge?

Thanks,
Ramana

My simple, sample page:

<% @Language=PerlScript %>

<%

use DBI;

$dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:ODBC:driver=sql server; server=mssql.company.com;
database=apps; uid=web; pwd=web',"","",{PrintError => 0, RaiseError =
>0, AutoCommit => 0, LongReadLen => 10000}) || die;

$sth = $dbh->prepare("select count(*) from sales_adj");
$sth->execute;

while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
        $Response->Write("Total Rows : @row\n");
}