On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 03:05:47PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > > Is this reverting to the previous behaviour?
>
> > > Is there a simply way to recognize this condition?
>
> > A wrapper function would be fine.
> > Tim.
>
> Any chance of answering my other two questions? Will it signal an error, and
> what will the error look like?

Sorry, time is in short supply. I think both were answered by the description
in the change log and the natural (documented) implications of it.

> I'll add a third question, "What in heaven's name is the rationale behind
> signaling an error when the query was executed successfully?"

At least for Oracle in the cases people have described to me the
OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO is telling them something 'serious'.

But I'd agree that the behaviour is far from ideal. I'll ponder it
in more depth later >>todo.

Tim.