I'm using DBI:ODBC to talk with a Microsoft Acces database and things are
going along swimmingly, but I have this one issue...

I can perform an INSERT statement successfully.  Immediately after I do the
INSERT, this line...

     my $rowcount = $sth->rows;

....returns a value of 1, indicating a successful operation.  But I was also
hoping that this line...

    my @resultsarray = $sth->fetchrow_array;

.... would return the row that I just inserted, or at least the primary key
of the new row (an autoincremented number).  But it doesn't of course, the
@resultsarray is empty.  So my question is after I do an insert how can I
immediately get ahold of the entry I just made?  Immediately doing a SELECT
right after the INSERT seems terribly inelegant.

____________________
Chris Spurgeon
Senior Design Technologist
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ELECTRONIC INK
One South Broad Street
19th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
www.electronicink.com

t 215.922.3800 x(233)
f 215.922.3880

This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may
contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail.  You must not
copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it.  In
addition, the contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software
viruses which could damage your own computer system.  While Electronic Ink,
Inc. and E Ink Ltd have taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this
risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a
result of software viruses.  You should perform your own virus checks before
opening the attachment.