From: Christer Enfors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 8:18 AM
To: DBI Users
Subject: Installing DBI with gcc on Solaris 8

I'm trying to install the latest version of DBI on a Solaris 8 machine.
The only compiler installed on it is gcc, but DBI refuses to use it. "perl
Makefile.pl" creates a makefile written for cc, not gcc. I tried going
into the makefile manually and replacing cc with gcc, but that didn't
help. Then gcc would complain about some flags that it didn't recognize.
>From this I conclude that this makefile simply will not work with gcc.

So, how do I convince the DBI installation procedure to use gcc?

I tried searching the archives of the mailing lists, but the machine
they're hosted on seems to be unavailable.

--
Christer Enfors
TRtool database administrator