On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 08:02, Sterin, Ilya wrote:

<snip />

> I guess you can spin it either way, I've worked with Access years
ago,so I
> don't know if they started fully conforming to SQL standards now, but
back
> when I was working with it (Access 97, and a little Access 2000) a lot
of
> standards were not followed.  I can't recall what exactly at the
moment, but
> if needed it definitelly wouldn't be hard to find:-)

Last I heard (several years ago, with the Release of Office 2000), you
could select to use the SQL Server engine for Access instead of Jet.
That would make it a lot more compliant with the SQL standards.

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     ICQ: 15726394