I found it works fine.  You have a listner problem,

12514, 00000, "TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor"
// *Cause:  The SERVICE_NAME in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's
tables.
// *Action: Check to make sure that the SERVICE_NAME specified is correct.
// *Comment: This error will be returned if the database instance has not
// registered with the listener; the instance may need to be started.

....the message from DBD::Oracle is that it can't find the above text, which
   is extracted from the Oracle Home directories.  Try 'oerr ora 12514' from
   a shell prompt, see if the above message is printed.

On 04-Dec-01 Ron Peled wrote:
> Hello every one
>
> Does anybody know if there is a DBD:oracle that connects/work good with
> Oracle 9i???
> HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I'm currently using DBI 1.20 and the DBD:ORACLE 1.12 and I keep getting the
> lines :
> Message 12514 not found; product=RDBMS;facility=ORA (DBD ERROR:
> OCIServerAttach)
>

> Thanks
> Ron

E-Mail: Scott T. Hildreth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 04-Dec-01
Time: 08:59:33