The vendor supplied bulk loaders are generally consider faster than
anything you can script in Perl. However, at least in the case of
Oracle, I find their error reporting wanting. If you've got crappy
datafiles and you need to pinpoint exact problems, then Oracle SQL*Loader
just doesn't cut it.

For CSV's I use DBD::CSV to load the data into memory, validate, and
then insert into Oracle via DBD::Oracle.

In the future, I hope to use SQL::Parser and the new DBI methods for
returning column definitions to do the validation more structured and
cleanly. Thank you Tim Bunce and Jeff Zucker!
John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]