Buck,

That also depends upon the driver.  Most recently I setup unixODBC (instead
of iODBC) and had it running with very little effort.  I used:
        unixODBC (latest)
        Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge
        and (for grins) FreeTDS with their ODBC driver.

unixODBC was simple to setup with the installation instructions.  Basically:
        configure
        make
        make install

>From there, it will depend more heavily upon your actual driver.  The "hard"
part is typically setting up the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini (and TESTING
them).  If you get that done, then DBD::ODBC is, relatively easy.
(assuming bash)
        export DBI_DSN=dbi:ODBC:your_dsn_setup_in_odbc_ini_and_tested!
        export DBI_USER=your_user_name_for_your_database
        export DBI_PASS=your_password_for_above_user_name
        perl Makefile.PL
        make test
(Note some tests may not pass, especially in t/08bind2.t, depending upon
your database).  Post here for help, if 02simple.t fails at all.

Thanks,

Jeff