On 2002-03-13 11:39:07 -0500, Etienne wrote:
> my $rs_ref = $dbh->selectall_arrayref ("SELECT evtDate, evtID, evtName FROM
> events");
>
> # now if I want to make the sum of the dates (juste an example) I would do
> my $sum = 0;
> map { $sum += $_->[0] } @{$rs_ref};
> # ok this was a basic map..
>
> But how to sort with a map?

Why do you want to sort with map? Just let the database do the sorting:

my $rs_ref = $dbh->selectall_arrayref ("SELECT evtDate, evtID, evtName
                                        FROM events
                                        ORDER BY evtDate");

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | My definition of a stupid question is
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | "a question that if you're embarassed to
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |    -- Tim Helck on dbi-users, 2001-07-30