cheers Ben

Hello,

This is my first post to this list. I need to be able to run PL/SQL and
oracle stored procedures using the perl DBI. I am using the DBD::Proxy
driver to connect to the oracle server on another host. I cannot get
the following simple code to work.

my $p1;
my $csr = $dbh->prepare(q{
    begin
        :test := 1  * 2;
    end;
                         })or error(new CGI,$DBI::errstr);

$csr->bind_param_inout(':test', \$p1, 50) or error(new CGI,$DBI::errstr);
$csr->execute() or error(new CGI,$DBI::errstr);
print $p1;

Whenever I try to use placeholders I get the
following error:

 Argument ":test" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/DBD/Proxy.pm line 536.

Is it not possible to get a return value using DBD::Proxy ? I have tried using ?
placeholders and this works for passing values to the statement but when
I try and get a value back nothing happens. Is this a limitation in DBD::Proxy ?

cheers Ben

Ben Lowe,                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone: +44 (0)1506 673425    5-digit shortdial: x73425

Web Developer            EMEA Remote Monitoring Centre

LINLITHGOW,UK