(first off apologies for the huge sig, theres nothing I can do about it)

have been using table_info to get a list of tables (I'll leave the story
behind it out)

Effectively I want a list of all "TABLE", so the code

my %attr = (
       TABLE_CAT   => undef # String value of the catalog name
     , TABLE_SCHEM => undef   # String value of the schema name
     , TABLE_NAME  => undef    # String value of the table name
     , TABLE_TYPE  => 'TABLE'     # String value of the table type(s)
  );

my $sth = $dbh->table_info(\%attr);

my $out = $sth->fetchall_arrayref({});
print Dumper($out);

should suffice, and does.  Unfortunately due to the way that table_info is
written this produces warnings (which is rather unfortunate as we're using
IPlanet (**ugh** not my choice) which kills the script if anything is
produced on standard error.

The offending peice of code is :-

        if ( $CatVal eq '%' && $SchVal eq '' && $TblVal eq '') { # Rule 19a
                $Sql = <<'SQL';
<SQL SNIP>
        }
        elsif ( $SchVal eq '%' && $CatVal eq '' && $TblVal eq '') { # Rule
19b
                $Sql = <<'SQL';
<SQL SNIP>
SQL
        }
        elsif ( $TypVal eq '%' && $CatVal eq '' && $SchVal eq '' && $TblVal
eq '') { # Rule 19c
                $Sql = <<'SQL';
<SQL SNIP>
SQL
        }

The tests against $CatVal, $SchVal, $TblVal and $TypVal produce
"use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/dbd/oracle.pm line 327."

I'm in the process of running through my alterations to DBD::Oracle which
fix this (to make sure I haven't done anything drastically stupid), if you
would like me to submit them to you then I am happy to do so.

Gareth Harper

>> BEGIN UNSIGHTLY LARGE SIG

********** Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer **********

This message, together with any attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use
of the addressee(s).
If you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from your
system immediately and notify us by return e-mail.
Do not disclose, copy, circulate or use any information contained in this e-mail.

(1) The content of this e-mail is to be read subject to Thomson Holidays terms of
business, as applicable.
(2) E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and Thomson Holidays accepts no
responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of viruses introduced
with this e-mail.
(3) The sender shall remain solely accountable for any statements, representations or
opinions that are clearly his or her own and not made in the course of employment.

TUI UK Limited
Registered in England and Wales (Number 2830117)
Registered Office: Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7SD
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7387 9321
Fax: +44 (0)20 7387 8451
IT Helpdesk: +44 (0)20 7383 1555
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]