New info :

I decided to copy an existing perl, DBI, DBD installation from another
server where oracle 9.0.1 was already installed ( 64 bit ) and where
perl did work. Then I recompiled DBI-1.20 and DBD-ORACLE-1.12 without
problems on the server.

However I'm back to my first problem now. The problem that lead to the
uninstall of all perl relevant files on my system. It started when
iinstalled oracle 901 and now it's back ( it's haunting me )

On a dbi->connect i get :

DBI->connect(servwhdbod1) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at W9360251 line 138
Segmentation fault(coredump)

I examined the core file with dbx and got the following information :
root@servwh:/softw/verwerk # dbx /usr/bin/perl core
Type 'help' for help.
reading symbolic information ...warning: no source compiled with -g

[using memory image in core]

Segmentation fault in kpminit at 0xd24e0ed4 ($t1)
0xd24e0ed4 (kpminit+0xac) 93df0000        stw   r30,0x0(r31)

Any ideas?

Greetz

Ruedi,

As we upgraded our machine ( pathsets, osupgrade, ... ) to 64bit and our
oracle installation is working perfectly, we won't change to 32 bit. I
was kinda afraid of support for 64-bit. Although i find it weird it
works on another system. Wil ltry my copy method tomorrow and see if
that works if not, i will give up and use ksh for my dbchecks.

Thx for the help
Bjorn