""LongReadLen"" (unsigned integer, inherited)
           This attribute may be used to control the maximum
           length of long fields ("blob", "memo", etc.) which the
           driver will read from the database automatically when
           it fetches each row of data.  The "LongReadLen"
           attribute only relates to fetching and reading long
           values; it is not involved in inserting or updating
           them.

    ... so set $dbh->LongReadLen(32767) before the prepare.

                                   /\
                                   Or whatever size you want.

On 18-Sep-2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using the following code to update a BLOB field into
> our Oracle database:
>
> $sql = "UPDATE CMSDOCUMENT SET CONTENT=? WHERE CMSDOCUMENTID=$cmsid";
> $sth = $oradbh->prepare($sql);
> $sth->bind_param(1, $html, {ora_type => ORA_BLOB});
> $sth->execute() or die "update of topic content failed.\n";
>
> This code works for small size saves.  However, when value
> of $html  gets large, the code just hungs.
>
> I'd appreciate any ideas.
> Thank you,
> Chris Lambrek.

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]