That surely is a fine manual.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael A Chase [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 5:38 PM
To: Jeff Hunter; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Connecting as sysdba

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:21:37 -0400 Jeff Hunter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use perl to automate various Database Administration tasks for several
> Oracle databases.  With Oracle 9.x, to perform certain administrative
> tasks,
> you must connect as sysdba.  From sqlplus, the syntax is:
> sqlplus "/@dbname as sysdba"
>
> Does anybody know of a way to simulate this type of connection?

Yes, and you could too, it's in the fine manual.  Run `perldoc DBD::Oracle`
and look for 'SYSDBA'.

In an ActivePerl installation, you can also read the fine manual by
following "Start Menu" -> "Programs" -> "ActivePerl" -> "Documentation".
The frame on the left includes links for all installed modules, including
DBI and DBD::Oracle in your case.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html