Sterin, Ilya wrote:

> Jeff, that's helpful:-)
>
> but that does not pupulat the excel spreadsheet with data from a select
> query, rather you have to select and loop while do()ing it.
>
> There is lot of overhead for certain things, I just though a simple mod
> would help to just dump data, and nothing else.

How much simpler can you get than this (requires only AnyData, not
DBD::AnyData or any of the SQL* modules):

   use DBI;
   use AnyData;
   my $dbh = DBI->connect($mysql_or_other_dsn);
   my $sth = $dbh->prepare($query);
   for my $new_format(qw(CSV XML Ini Tab Pipe Fixed HTMLTable)) {
     adConvert( 'DBI', $sth, $new_format, "newfile.$new_format");
   }
   __END__

--
Jeff