I am looking for software that will allow my web server to connect to an LDAP server,
and extract information from the ldap directory. My web server runs apache on a Sun
Solaris machine. I do most of my programming in perl and have used DBI/DBD quite
extensively.
I searched on CPAN to see if they have any modules that can do what I want.  I notice
that there is a DBD::LDAP. I read the documentation a bit and at first glance I
thought it was the answer since I am already familiar with DBI/DBD.  However, when I
got to the section that explained that ldap is not a relational database and does not
have tables and that a configuration file msut be set up that maps tables to ldap
trees, I started having second thoughts.
So my question is, does anyone have experience with DBD::LDAP or with something else
that would do the job.    Thanks for any info.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
08-934-3036