Waldemar Zurowski wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:56:36 +0100 (BST)
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>I don't see any of this being the fault of DBD::ODBC. There are other
>>issues with the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and procedures (specifically
>>cursors) you might want to be aware of - search microsoft's site as I
>>don't have the URLs to hand (and they are always changing anyway).
>>

>Hello there,
>
>I have problems with finding information you mentioned about issues with
>MS SQL ODBC driver.
>
>I have following problem:
>
>I have two different applications, both using ODBC driver to connect to
>MS SQL server. One is written in C++, and second in perl, using DBI and
>DBD::ODBC. I don't have any problem, when both of them are working
>separatelly, but there is a bad interaction between them.
>
>Shortly - when I add some data with perl script, and this script is
>finished (that is - there should not be any transaction open, created by
>perl script), C++ app 'hangs', trying to remove some stored procedure
>and create a new one. When C++ app is restarted, then it never hangs
>again, untill I run perl script again. Basicly - it seems, that there is
>something bad happen, when stored procedure is (re)-created.
>
>Is this problem close to those you mentioned?
>
>Waldemar

Don't think it's related to my problem.
I get 86 hits when I search for "ODBC stored procedure bug" in VS Net
Documentation
Use SQL Profiler to see what your programs are really doing. Maybe the
Perl program is creating stored procedures on the fly and doesn't clean
up afterwards.
What is the name of the procedure?

/Roger P