From: Rose, Bill [mailto:Bill.Rose@;bankofamerica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:56 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: FW: Installing DBD::Oracle on Compaq Dec Alpha Tru64 OS with 9i

At this point, it would not be prudent to overlay [or add to] the base build
on my machine, supplied by the vendor, as other areas in my company are
using that basic Perl.

I guess an additional installation of the stable 5.8.0 release to an
alternate $prefix/path might supply a Perl build robust enough to contain
this "libperl.a" file?  I don't have root authority, so I would build to
somewhere in my own directory area.

If that is successful, then I can install DBD::Oracle [using the new 5.8.0
release] and then build a binary for my area's use.

Comments?