Hi there,

this is kinda OT, since i fear it's more of a mysql than dbi issue, but
here goes...

the thing is that i have this long-running perlTk app. if i forcefully
bring my database-servre down (simply brutaly switching it off - my
system has to be able to handle really painful stuff like that), and
bring the server up again, i get veey ugly corruptions in my database
(mysqlcheck says something about tables that weren't closed). i can
repair them, but that deletes some rather crucial rows, which of course
isn't acceptable.
my theory is that the dbi somehow/somewhere maintains _something_ open,
which breaks my tables.
so, what can i do? would calling $sth->finish help? should i
$dbh->disconnect after every query?

is this a mysql-specific thing? (i've never really seen these
corruptions before [could be, of course, because i'm coming from the
CGI-world]).

so, how can i tell dbi/mysql to clear all things mysql thinks it's doing?

thanks for any help,

M.

P.S.: my server's running win98 (ugh!) right now, but it'll run linux or
XP later on. bt i doubt that this would make the problem away...