----- Forwarded message from kenneth blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:35:22 -0800 (PST)
From: kenneth blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: need guidance on installing libdbi-perl to existing linux potato
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tim:

I am new to linux and am trying to make a connection
to postrgresql using perl and apache on a linux
operating system using the potato version.

When installing the DBI module I ran into dependency
problems because the perl packages that came with my
linux CD's were version 5.005 compatible. I
subsequently tried removing the older versions of Perl
packages and tried to install the newer versions. But
I just keep encountering dependencies with other non
perl packages.

I am now at the point where I don't have Perl
installed, cannot reinstall my original version of
Perl, and cannot install the latest versions available
on the debian.org website.

I would appreciate it if you could give some direction
on how I can dig myself out of the hole
I've dug.

thanks for your help

Kenneth Blue