Hi,

I'm running MySQL and Perl 5.6 on a Win32 machine. I'm a very unexperienced Perl programmer, but I need to build a serach engine for a MySQL database which parses the values entered in a text field (in simple and advanced query sintaxes similar to those used in Yahoo or Altavista) and builds "select" query strings.

I've had some success using Text-Query and Text-Query-SQL modules from cpan. But surprisingly these modules don't suport the use of wildcards (or I havn't discovered how to use them) and I can only search for exact matches in the database. Can anybody help me?

Are there alternative modules? I'm not prepared to create my own Text-Query parser by using raw regexps by now...

Thanks,

Oriol.