Hello,
I am using the latest version of DBI and oracle 8i.

When my code forks and child exits it destroys the parent's connection to
the database.
I found some excerpt in working around the problem.
One of the solution was InactiveDestroy set to 1.
This did not solve the problem.

Stuart Hughes suggested using syscall(&Sys_exit,0)..in Solaris.
My problem happens in IBM AIX and don't have syscall.h.

Any suggestion would be grateful.

thanks
---
daniel quan

This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are
e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and permanently delete the original, any attachments,
any copies thereof, and any printouts thereof.