On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 08:28  PM, Randall Perry wrote:

I recompiled perl 8 without threads and the make went ok. Should I report
this to perl.org as well as Apple?
Oh, interesting. Yeah, ask the perl porters about it before you ask Apple. I wouldn't have expected it to make a difference.

But, make test had errors (I did set up the DBDPG_TEST_xx vars and postgres
was running ok). Saw a post on OS X Perl list with the same errors and the
person said he recompiled PostgreSQL without SSL support and the tests
succeeded.
Well, DBDPG_TEST_xx aren't the right environment variables as of DBD::Pg 1.20. It's DBI_DSN, DBI_USER, and DBI_PASS. But yes, PostgreSQL with SSL isn't supported by DBD::Pg at this time.

Since I installed Pg from a binary pkg I don't have that option. Anyone know
the answer? Errors are below:
Compile PostgreSQL from source. This MacDevCenter.com article will show you how.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/07/postgresql.html

I've also posted some instructions on my own site.

http://david.wheeler.net/osx.html

HTH,

David

--