Asked this question last summer and didn't get an answer, so I stuck with
DBI 1.19 which uses the old behavior of selectall_hashref, returning an
array of hashes.

I'm going to be upgrading DBI and would appreciate it if someone could give
me a code snippet showing how to use selectall_arrayref to get the old
behavior of selectall_hashref. The text below, from the change log, says to
use selectall_arrayref to return an array of hashes.

Whereas selectall_hashref used to do this with just  a $statement argument,
I'm guessing selectall_arrayref requires another argument, which I haven't
been able to figure out how to use from the docs.

TIA

Changed selectall_hashref to return a hash ref (from fetchall_hashref)
    and not an array of hashes as it has since DBI 1.15 (end March 2001).
    WARNING: THIS CHANGE WILL BREAK ANY CODE USING selectall_hashref()!
    Sorry, but I think this is an important regularization of the API.
    To get previous selectall_hashref() behaviour (an array of hash refs)
    change $ary_ref = $dbh->selectall_hashref( $statement, undef, @bind);
    to $ary_ref = $dbh->selectall_arrayref($statement, { Columns=>{} },
@bind);

--
Randall Perry
sysTame