I am using dbi to connect to an Oracle database on a HP-UX (HP-UX 11.0)
database.  When I attempt to connect to the database I receive the following
error:

DBI->connect(prd1) failed: ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name
(DBD Error: OCIServerAttach) at ./tryDBI.pl

This happens when we use a service name as the connect string.  But is we
fully qualify the connect string we get a connection.  The problem comes
about in an application we use, it does not like the fully qualified connect
string.

Can some one help me out here?

-Bruce

message.