On Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002, at 01:26 Europe/London, Jeff Zucker wrote:

Just a preliminary report - thanks to Rainier Keuchel's port of perl to winCE, I now have DBI (PurePerl) and DBD::AnyData doing database read access on my Toshiba e740 (a palm-like handheld running pocketPC on an xScale processor). The port also works on most other pocketPC and winCE device (e.g. Ipaq, Jornada, Casio, Dell Axim, etc.). Total storage requirement for perl, perlIDE, and all the required modules is about 3mb so it should run on a fairly minimal device, even one with no storage card and a low amount of ROM.

I'll be doing more testing with other DBDs and eventually with Shell and Proxy. If anyone else is working on this, let me know.
It'd be cool to see if DBD::SQLite worked there - then you'd have a fully transaction aware database on a handheld!

Matt.