I'm having a problem with bind_columns or possibly my understanding
of the returned values.  Using the syntax in the Cheetah book and at CPAN
I get empty scalars when all my testing indicates there should be a
values.

PostgreSQL 7.2.1 (from RPM), Perl 5.6.1 (RPM), DBI 1.30 (tarball),
DBD-Pg-1.01 (tarball), and perl-CGI-2.752-34.99.6 (RPM)

The connection and friends works in the same script pulling from the same
table (but using a fetch).  Using $sth->rows returns 1, and running trace
at level 3 shows the binding is happening.  When I print using any method
I get empty scalars.  Could I be handling the references incorrectly. I've
never quite grokked them but I can follow instructions pretty well so I
assume I should be getting something as output.
   A little more exploration just now and I get something when I use a
$sth->dump_results ... too much.  The dump results output and the print
output.  Sort of like the binding doesn't happen right away?

Any ideas as to a bind_columns solution?

TIA,
Rod