This is re "DBI namespace"

----- Forwarded message from Bill Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Bill Atkins
Date: Mon,  6 Jan 2003 18:12:40 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CPAN module DBI::Simple

(Large parts of this message have been removed ("(...)") --Juerd)

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
(...)
>        The DBI package and all packages below it ("DBI::*") are
>        reserved for use by the DBI. Extensions and related mod-
>        ules use the "DBIx::" namespace (see
>        "http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/DBIx/";).
>        Package names beginning with "DBD::" are reserved for use
>        by DBI database drivers.  All environment variables used
>        by the DBI or by individual DBDs begin with ""DBI_"" or
>        ""DBD_"".
(...)

i hadn't read that.  i'll consider changing the name to something else.

(...)

i don't think we'll be confusing anyone by having two separate modules.  i will
rename it and all will be well.

(...)

----- End forwarded message -----

Juerd