I have successfully compiled Perl DBD::Informix 1.0.4 on Hpux 11i ( 64 bit )
environment!  Much thanks goes to Mac,Daniel Tong, Evan, and Johnathan L. for their
helpful hints...What I had to do (from what everyone was hinting me to), was to start
from scratch....meaning, I had to Configure Perl 5.8.0 manually after I had Hp Ansi-c
installed before hand.  Afterwards, Perl DBI-1.32 compiled without any issues and
DBD::Informix compiled with only the "sbspace" test failing which I didn't really
need.  Here is a cutout of my successful compilation.
Running the ItWorks perl script afterwards:

sgttst34:/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/DBD-Informix-1.04.PC1 >./ItWorks

<WORKING_VERSION VERSION="1.00">

    <DBD_INFORMIX>    1.04.PC1
   </DBD_INFORMIX>

    <DBI>             1.32
   </DBI>

    <INFORMIX_ESQLC>  INFORMIX-ESQL Version 9.51.FC3
   </INFORMIX_ESQLC>

    <INFORMIX_SERVER> 9.30 (OnLine)
   </INFORMIX_SERVER>

    <PERL>            5.008 PA-RISC2.0-LP64 dl_hpux.xs
   </PERL>

    <SYSTEM>          hp-ux sgttst34 b.11.11 u 9000889 1476652321 unlimited-user
license  </SYSTEM>

    <SYS_COMPILER>    cc
   </SYS_COMPILER>

    <SYS_LOADER>      /usr/bin/ld
   </SYS_LOADER>

    <WHEN>            2003-01-15
   </WHEN>

    <WHO>             root@sgttst34.######.######.com
  </WHO>

    <Z_NOTES>         Optional Notes
   </Z_NOTES>

</WORKING_VERSION>

regards, OS from Verizon.......
 Evan Moseman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 13:16, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> I'm not sure - I think I simply ran Configure in the Perl source directory
> and I think it detected that automatically.
>
> What's swinstall? You'd have to ask those who produced it - or ignore it.
> Is there a significant difference between 11.0 and 11i? I suspect they're
> similar enough for the (mis)recognition of them not to matter.
>
> I know it can be done:
>

> > From: Evan Moseman
> > Date: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:23:24 AM US/Pacific
> > To: Jonathan Leffler
> > Subject: Re: DBD::Informix on HP-UX 11.0
> >
> > John,
> >
> > Thanks very much for your help! I went the all 64-bit route and got
> > everything to compile on a HP-UX 11.11 host.
> >
> > All is working now!
> >
> > --
> > Evan
>
> Maybe you can ask Evan for extra information?
>
> --
> Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> STSM, Informix Database Engineering, IBM Data Management Solutions
> 4100 Bohannon Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025
> Tel: +1 650-926-6921 Tie-Line: 630-6921
> "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!"

> | | oott sayarath |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | 01/09/2003 07:08 |
> | | AM |
> | | |

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | |
> | To: Jonathan Leffler/Menlo Park/IBM@IBMUS |
> | cc: |
> | Subject: Re: DBD::Informix assistance |
> | |
> | |

>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>

> Thanks Jonathan,
>

> Currently, It seems I am having issues with DBI first, but also am seeing
> that my Perl 5.8 is not correctly compiled for 64 bit Hpux 11i. I am
> trying to re-compile Perl, but currently am stumped as to what I need to
> configure Perl5.8 to acknowledge that my system is a 64bit os. Any help
> here would be greatly appreciated.
>

> and also, when building compiling Perl 5.8 with swinstall, it treats my
> system as a 11.0 instead of 11.i, how do you work around this?
>

> thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as we are consolidating legacy
> applications across various platforms and the current holdup is getting
> Perl 5.8, DBI & DBD::Informix to work and you can say I am the cog..... :(
>

> Jonathan Leffler wrote:
>

> I've not seen the original report - I get those at home and I'm away from
> home at the moment.
>
> The messages shown below indicate a serious problem with DBI as DBI.
>
> Have you tried:
>
> use DBI;
> @list = DBI->available_drivers;
> [...]

I eventually got the DBI Informix modules to compile on an HP-UX 11.11
machine with 32-bit perl and 32-bit GCC 3.2 with clientsdk.2.70.HC1R1.
The solution was to run /opt/informix/bin/installesql. I don't know why
this worked but, it turned out that my esql script wasn't quite working
right all along. If you've already installed the clientsdk, then you
have to copy back the clientsdkcontents file from the original archive.
and then run the installesql script.

This seems/sounds like a hack to me, but has worked.

I hope this helps, I wish I had a more concrete solution for you, with
more indepth information. But I had to move fast on this!

Evan Moseman
America On-Line Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator
(703)265-5922