Hello,

Can anyone help me on this please
--- Begin Message --- <div class="moz-text-flowed" style="font-family: -moz-fixed">Thanks for pointing me to the right list, to be honest I didnt know which one to post to,

And mysql_config is in this location,

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

i.e mysql is in /usr/local/mysql/

is this the 'normal' location?

Wiggins D'Anconia wrote:
What does this have to do with CGI?? [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be a better list for this question.

However, do you have MySQL installed in an abnormal location, or where is the 'mysql_config' executable on your system? If it is in a "normal" location and you just installed it you may need to add it to your path. If you installed from binaries, did you install the mysql-devel package? It appears that 'mysql_config' can't be found which is used to set a number of parameters for the build process.

http://danconia.org

aa wrote:

Hi, I am trying to install DBD::Mysql and I am getting error, I am new to perl and modules, here is the screen print, I'll appreciate any help please.

CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JW/JWIED/DBD-mysql-2.1024.tar.gz

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 171.
Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use

perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I<dir>

to set this directory. For details see the INSTALL.html file,
section "C Compiler flags" or type

perl Makefile.PL --help
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

cpan> install DBD::mysql
Running install for module DBD::mysql
Running make for J/JW/JWIED/DBD-mysql-2.1024.tar.gz
Is already unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-2.1024
Makefile.PL returned status 512
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

Thanks

--- End Message ---