Hi!

I'm having problems with table locks in MS SQL Server 7.0. I have more or less solved my problem using: $dbh->do('SET LOCK_TIMEOUT ' . LOCK_TIMEOUT); right after my call to DBI->connect(). I have a few questions though.

I'm wondering if DBI or DBD-ODBC tries to do any clean up if Ctrl-C is pressed during the execution of the program on W2k? In my case the Perl program was just waiting for a table lock to be released. This particular lock was held by an orphaned connection so I pressed Ctrl-C (resulting in yet another orphaned connection). By default it takes a very long time (hours) for SQL Server to realize that a connection have been orphaned. Would it be possible for DBI to autmatically close the connections when Ctrl-C is pressed?

/Roger P