> How do you do that, using DBI without mysql.pm ?

I don't actually, it's just that it all came as one big happy setup on my server so I
didn't have to install a bunch of different things . In fact I think on every server
I've set up it is installed with perl or the os or something as I've never had to
install it  myself. It was just magically there evry time.

I do use mysql.pm I just do

Use DBI;

$dh->connect(...:mysql:....);

Sorry if I was confusing, didn't mean to be. :)

Dan