Hi,

Try this:

my $dbuser="sys/change_on_install\@tnsalias";
my $dbh=DBI->connect('',$dbuser,'','Oracle',{AutoCommit => 0,RaiseError
=>0,ora_session_mode =>2});

see perldoc of DBD::Oracle for ora_session_modes.

Regards,

Michael

> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:24:49 -0800
> From: Eddie Bradford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Can't Connect to Oracle 9i Database
>
> I've written a perl program and I'm trying to connect to a 9i database
> as user 'sys', which requires the 'as sysdba' clause.  Using the
> dbi->connect
> method fails with everything I've passed it.  What's the secret?
>
> Eddie Bradford
> Systems Analyst/Programmer
> Information Technology Services
> John Muir/Mt. Diablo Health System
> 1400 Treat Boulevard
> Walnut Creek, CA  94596
> (925) 947-4466 x32069
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                ---//---
I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the
slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway.
                ---Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes).

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
                ----Ratliffe, M.