From: Gordon Ross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 4:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Connecting perl to MS SQL on Tru64 Unix use freetds

Hi,

          I have loaded perl  5.8.0/DBD-Sybase .91, .95/freetds .60 and  it
     works properly except if I    use it under apache (1.3.27)--which   is
     where I  need it most.   The errors I receive are  (1)  seg fault, (2)
     cannot find symbol  iconv_open  (during the loading of  Sybase.so) and
     (3) "Had  to create DBD::Sybase::dr::imp_data_size unexpectedly".  Oh,
     and  sometimes it  works.   The   errors  always  happen  during   the
     DBI -> connect ().   My  guess   is  that  memory is   being   trashed
     somewhere.

          I figure I  need to use  DBD::ODBC and OpenLink's SQL Server 2000
     driver to get  the connection working.  If  you have wisdom as to what
     may be wrong, please (I beg, gravel of you)  to tell me what is really
     failing.

     - Versions:  OS           Tru64 Unix 4.0F
                  Apache       1.3.27
                  Freetds      0.60
                  DBD-Sybase   0.91 and 0.95
                  Openssl      0.9.6g
                  Perl         5.8.0
                  Mod_perl     1.27
                  Mod_ssl      2.8.12
                  DBI          1.32
                  Expat        1.95.6

     - This (for now) is an attempt to connect to microsoft sql server 6.5.
     - There are no errors if I use the sybase libraries instead of freetds.

          Thank you!

               -- Gord