From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 9:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DBD and Ingres II make test failure

I did post previously, but assume no-one out there is sad enough to still be
using ingres with something as dynamic as perl.

My make test fails, either with an undefined symbol
        mutex_init
if -lthread is specified, or undefined symbol
        finite
when -Kthread is used.

As below

install_driver(Ingres) failed: Can't load
'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Ingres/Ingres.so'
for module DBD::Ingres: dynamic linker: /usr/local/bin/perl: relocation
error: s
ymbol not found: finite; referenced from: /INGRES/ingres/lib/libq.1.so at
/usr/l
ocal/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-svr4/DynaLoader.pm line 169, <> chunk 1.

 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at t/event.t line 24
dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
t/exec..............Use of reserved word "our" is deprecated at t/exec.t
line 6.

Can't call method "our" without a package or object reference at t/exec.t
line 6
.
dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
FAILED--3 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
*** Error code 2 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

On SCO Unix, "finite" is a manable function included via <ieeefp.h>
though can't find the actual library ?

Is anybody out there using Ingres DBD ?
Anybody overcome similar problems ?
Anybody know which library the finite function is in ?

Cheers

Gav.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. It must not be used by, or
its contents copied or disclosed to, persons other than the intended
recipient. However, the contents of this e-mail may be intercepted,
monitored or recorded by Insurance Technology Solutions Limited
for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and
procedures. Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any
third party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information
contained in this e-mail is excluded.

If you have received this e-mail by mistake please notify our System
Administrators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this e-mail.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will
not adversely affect its systems or data. Please carry out such virus and
other checks as you consider appropriate. No responsibility is accepted
by Insurance Technology Solutions Limited in this regard.