On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:23:45AM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> For winning the ActiveState programmers choice award.

<speech type="acceptance">

Many thanks to all who voted for the guy who happened to be in the
wrong place at the wrong time all those years ago.

I'd also like to especially thank all those who have contributed
over the years [*].  Not just in patches to the code but also in
helping others in the community via the mailing lists.

Thank you all.

</speech>

Tim.

[*] Insert quote from Eric Raymond about how the figurehead of a
free software project gets most of the praise while lots of other
people are doing much of the work :)

p.s. Feel free to copy this to the conference IRC channel.

p.p.s. I've been a bit swamped with work the last few days so haven't
checked and updated the latest Advanced DBI tutorial slides. I hope
to do that soon.